& SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the provision of the Health and Safety
at work act PAL Carriers is committed to the health, safety
and welfare at work of its employees. PAL Carriers will ensure
that, as far as is reasonably possible, persons not in its
employment are not exposed to risks to their health and safety
when they come into contact with company or the products it
In Particular PAL Carriers has a responsibility to: -
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions,
taking into account current statutory requirements.
- Provide training and instruction to enable employees to
perform their work safely and efficiently.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment and safe
systems at work.
- Maintain a constant and continuing interest in health
and safety matters applicable to the Company’s activities
and for the management to set an example in safe behaviour.
- Consult with employees on health and safety arrangements.
- Provide risk assessments covering the company’s
- Provide assessments detailing the safe storage, handling
and disposal of hazardous substances, (COSHH).
Whilst PAL Carriers accepts its prime responsibility for
ensuring the health, safety and welfare for its employees,
it is expected that all employees accept their responsibilities
under the Health and Safety at work act to: -
- Take care of their own health and safety and that of others
who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Co-operate with management to enable the company to fulfil
its legal obligations.
- Not interfere with, or misuse anything provided in the
interests of health, safety and welfare.
PAL Carriers is committed to a programme of continual improvement,
and will provide the necessary resources to ensure the full
implementation of the policy and the directors will give full
backing to all those committed to achieving the policy objectives.
This policy is subject to an annual review or when process